BAM Marketer of the Year Awards
The title BAM Marketer of the Year is the culmination of a number of fine achievements in the field of marketing and is partly intended to promote the marketing profession to the general public.
On Thursday 5/12, the six nominated marketers will present themselves on the main stage to the congress participants. Afterwards there will be a live voting where the congress participants can then vote for their favourite marketer, which will count in the final result.
In the last two years, the Marketer of the Year has played a leading role in building a marketing culture and way of doing things in her / his organisation. (S)he can show tangible results that evidence the success of her / his approach, is a thought-leader in her/his organisation and beyond, and has the necessary communication skills to promote the marketing profession.
The candidates are evaluated by a jury for these criteria:
- Business results
- Holistic and innovative marketing approach
- Role of marketing within the organisation
- Role as marketing spokesperson
- Vision on sustainable development
The jury president is Jean Cornet (Deloitte)
Meet our Dutch-speaking nominees
One of them will be the successor of Mieke Debeerst (Belfius):
- Kristof Ampe (Royal Swinkels Family Brewers) has held the position of General Manager Middle-East & Africa at the Dutch brewer since September 2019, but earned his stripes in marketing. Recently he was responsible for the Palm and Rodenbach brands and the launch of Cornet at Royal Swinkels Family Brewers.
- Elke Dens (Visit Flanders) has been the Marketing Director of Visit Flanders since 2012 and as such is responsible for the image of Flanders abroad. The Mud Soldier campaign is probably one of the best-known exploits.
- Patrick Kindt (KBC) has been the marketing face of KBC since 2008 as General Manager Marketing & Communication and a member of the Executive Committee. He made sure that the bank and insurer were one step ahead of the competition in terms of marketing all these years.
Meet our French-speaking nominees
One of them will be the successor of Aude Mayence (Delhaize).
- Pierre Lalmand (FEBIAC) is Managing Director of the Motor Show and Director of the House of the Automobile. In times of radical change for the automotive industry, he has been working hard for five years on the efficiency of the country's largest event.
- François Simon (L'Oréal) took on the role of CMO at L'Oréal Belgilux in 2017. He signed for a new organisation of the marketing department to manage the digital transformation of the group.
- Véronique Vergeynst (Brussels Airport) assumed responsibility for the brand strategy of Brussels Airport in 2017 as Head of Corporate Marketing. Her mission: to make an airport a full-fledged brand.