About these speakers
Title of the presentation:
From Bullshit marketing to meaningful marketing
About the presentation
In this presentation Alain and Dominique will describe in short the journey of BAM towards meaningful marketing. The central question the founders of BAM asked themselves was : can marketing contribute to make the world a better place ? In a first step they have tried to develop a common vision on the status of the world. This will be illustrated by only 2 sources of inspiration i.e. the concept of Shared value by Michael Porter and the importance of being connected for successful innovation by Marion Debruyne. After the exploration and inspiration phase the central question shifted from Can marketing … towards How can marketing ….
This resulted in a strong. Belief and an new mission statement of BAM i.e. : ‘we want to re-engineer the marketing practice into a meaningful practice that fuels and nurtures the customer centric innovation and transformation of entrepreneurs, companies and organizations’.
The question to be addressed by Alain in this presentation is :” what does meaningful marketing means ? “. Alain will explain the meaningful marketing framework and illustrate this framework by some inspiring examples.
- Co-founder Chosen Group , 09/2019 to Current See www.chosen.group
- Management Consultant, 03/2019 to Current
- Insights For Action – Londerzeel, België
- Starting up a new collective of experts offering companies and organizations innovation and transformation trails for creating new customer centric value propositions
- President of the Steering Committee of the Belgian Marketing Awards , 12/2019 to Current
- Member of the steering group Kom op tegen Kanker ( NGO ) , 9/2019 to Current
- CEO , 2009 to 02/2019
- KANTAR BELGIUM – Brussels, BELGIUM ( previously : Sobemap Marketing, TN Sofres, TNS Media, …) The Belgian TNS company was acquired by WPP/Kantar. Managing the company i.e. fueling and nurturing a team of consultants and operations for growing the business
- CEO of Sobemap Marketing , Dimarso & N.I.D. , 1995 - 2008
Dimarso and N.I.D. joined Sofres, a French group of marketing research agencies. In 1998, the group was acquired by TN Global plc.
- Founding the National Institute of Data Collection ( N.I.D. n.v.) 03/1992
- Management Buy out Dimarso n.v. 01/1991
- Research -Project Leader Dimarso : 11/1987 to 12/1990
Conducting several market research projects on behalf of public organizations, FMCG companies and Service companies in Telco, banking & Insurance.
- Research Assistant at the Centre for Social Policies ( Prof. H. Deleeck) , 02/1987 – 11/87
Leading a survey to measure the effectiveness of social policy on poverty
Alain Mayné has a broad experience in marketing communication, design and strategy. As a Strategic Planning Director at Hoet&Hoet,he empowers brands - in many different sectors- to become more relevant and more meaningful. Not only by developing their purpose and/or brand ideal and positioning them but also by challenging them to become more of themselves in a meaningful way. He practices that for corporate accounts to sme’s, non-profit, NGO, federations and associations.
From established brands like ULiège, Belfius, Sabena Aerospace, Belgian Olympic Committee, to startups like BeeOdiversity, Tale Me or Gudule – the first Brussels urban winery-, and NGO’s like WeSocialMovement or Les Petits Riens-Spullenhulp to federations, associations or institutions like VBO-FEB, Agoria or Benelux.
Alain has occupied various positions in the marketing and design sector: from account manager at DDB and American Express, CEO of a startup in the glass design sector, until Strategic Planning Director at Hoet&Hoet. In his marketing career, Alain has always pursued the harmony between content, shape and meaning. This personal quest has become part of his consulting practice as a strategic branding consultant.
Alain enjoys giving lectures and keynotes on various strategic and branding topics for universities, corporate companies, NGO’s or institutions. Alain is board member, president of the XPhub Communication and co-author of the Meaningful Marketing Framework at BAM and board member at BMMA.
Alain wears Veja sneakers since a couple of years. As a customer, he was attracted to this brand by the tip of the iceberg: ecological impact. By preparing this keynote, he finally learned the much more complete story. A startup becoming an iconic brand and challenging advertising. It increased its loyalty and enthusiasm for this brand. He is enthusiastic to discover other meaningful brands.